Monday, January 7, 2013
Day 1 - Occupational Therapy
Today was the first day of my internship at the hospital in Storm Lake. I followed Katie Brastad, a OT at BVRMC. At the beginning I was a little nervous going in. I had no idea what was ahead of me, but then I started to feel more comfortable in the workplace. I learned a lot of skills that an OT must have and what they do everyday. One thing I learned that I didn't know about an OT is that they go and treat patients that just had surgery. This sometimes consists with working with a physical therapist as well. I started at eight-thirty and finished around two-thirty. Overall it was a very productive day. I met new people and got to see how they operate during their day. Tomorrow is a new day with different experiences that I am willing to take on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it's awesome each day is new and exciting! I hope you learn lots.
ReplyDelete